Focus on Georgia’s Energy Future: Climate Solutions That Go Beyond Carbon
Every three years, the Integrated Resource Planning process (IRP) sets the energy plan for Georgia Power, the largest electric utility in our state, playing a key role in charting our state’s energy future.
In this webinar, we take a deep dive into the impacts the recently completed 2022 IRP and subsequent Rate Case will have on consumers, greenhouse gas emissions, and equity in our state.
We’ll talk with energy experts in Georgia about:
- How much new solar will come from large-scale solar farms
- How many coal-fired power plants Georgia Power will continue to run
- The role of nuclear energy in our state’s mix
- The path forward for rooftop solar in Georgia
- Energy burdens for Georgia families
- Electricity rates + opportunities to improve home energy efficiency for consumers
Moderated by Blair Beasley, director of climate strategies at the Ray C. Anderson Foundation, our expert panel for this event includes:
- Alicia Brown, Savannah Office of Sustainability
- Kevin Kelly, Policy Advisor at Southface Institute
- Jill Kysor, Senior Attorney and Leader of Solar Initiatives at the Southern Environmental Law Center
- Brionté McCorkle, Executive Director of Georgia Conservation Voters