Focus on Georgia’s Energy Future: Climate Solutions That Go Beyond Carbon
Every three years, the Integrated Resource Planning process (IRP) sets the energy plan for Georgia Power, the largest electric utility in our state, playing a key role in charting our state’s energy future.
In this webinar, we take a deep dive into the impacts the recently completed 2022 IRP and subsequent Rate Case will have on consumers, greenhouse gas emissions, and equity in our state.
We’ll talk with energy experts in Georgia about:
- How much new solar will come from large-scale solar farms
- How many coal-fired power plants Georgia Power will continue to run
- The role of nuclear energy in our state’s mix
- The path forward for rooftop solar in Georgia
- Energy burdens for Georgia families
- Electricity rates + opportunities to improve home energy efficiency for consumers
Moderated by Blair Beasley, director of climate strategies at the Ray C. Anderson Foundation, our expert panel for this event includes:
- Alicia Brown, Savannah Office of Sustainability
- Kevin Kelly, Policy Advisor at Southface Institute
- Jill Kysor, Senior Attorney and Leader of Solar Initiatives at the Southern Environmental Law Center
- Brionté McCorkle, Executive Director of Georgia Conservation Voters
Subscribe to the Climate Digest
We'll send you a newsletter every other week, delivering the latest in Georgia climate news right to your inbox! Each bi-weekly newsletter will keep you informed about how businesses, communities, and individuals are helping to scale climate solutions across the state.
Attend Local Climate Events
The Drawdown Georgia events calendar shares information about public events related to climate solutions in Georgia. Checkout the upcoming listings or submit an event.
Dig into the Climate Research
Drawdown Georgia is grounded in research. Learn more about the science supporting our work to scale climate solutions.
View the GHG Emissions Tracker
The Drawdown Georgia GHG Emissions Tracker provides greenhouse gas emissions data at the state- and county-level for Georgia.